Détournement

Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 | Posted by Matthew Wisniewski | Labels: , ,

So I had to create some examples of Détournement for a Media Theory & Practice course so I figured I would share them on my blog for perhaps some responses from readers. I just want to note these are not intended for distribution or financial gain and would like to make it clear I am not advocating destruction of copyrighted material. Also the Apple image was not from an advertisement, it is an altered photograph I found online.

What is détournement? wikipedia says it's when an artist reuses elements of well-known media to create a new work with a different message, often one opposed to the original.

My examples:

2 comments:

  1. Debored said...
  2. nice

  3. Debored said...
  4. u down with the situationist international?

Post a Comment