Beer Review: Stone Leviation

Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 | Posted by Matthew Wisniewski | Labels:

I like beer. Well let me put that differently, I like good beer. So you'll probably see many more beer reviews to come.

I was at Taco Mac tonight because, well, we (my friends) had nothing better to do. We decided a few beers and some good conversation would be a good idea. The latter was a bit hard as we forgot Saturday night means college football which means constant hootin' and hollerin' as they say in the south. Nonetheless I was able to try Stone's Leviation Ale which I've heard good things about. So let's get to it.

For a tad weaker beer than I'm used to (it's only 4.4% ABV) it was surprisingly full of flavor. The taste is similar to an IPA with a hoppy citrus and just a hint of pine start with a clean and crisp finish. There was a bit of carbonation but it went well with the flavors. There was minimal bitterness because of the restriction of malts for the low alcohol level. The appearance was another surprising characteristic. It was a dark brown with just a hint of red, unlike the picture in this post which does not do it justice. Now maybe it was the lighting in the bar but I couldn't even see through the glass. The head was nice and thick and had a off-white color that laced the glass nicely as I drank. For drinkability reasons only (yeah right), I had two and let me just say, I could have easily had two more. I had heard this was a great session beer and I was not disappointed. I believe I've added another go-to beer to my list.

Grade: A-

0 comments:

Post a Comment